Sunday, March 20, 2011

Dustin Whitson Photography


In March 2011 I was talking to a lady at a lodge over looking Lake Tekapo in New Zealand. The end result of our conversation was that I was inspired to try and make a career out of photography as a sports photo journalist. This motivation was aided and intensified by my recent friendship with Jono, of JonathanHarrodPhotography.blogspot.com/, a marine biologist and wildlife photographer. A few weeks prior I had borrowed his brother James' Panasonic Lumic dmc FZ-100 point and shoot camera to photography the Paraplegic Track & Field World Championships.

I had originally intended to purchase the same camera myself but after watching and listening to some podcasts and talking to Jono I decided to shop for a Digital Single Lense Reflex camera. I decided on the Nikon D3100 due in part to Jono's partiality and knowledge of Nikon equipment.

I intend to utilize my 15 years of experience as runner, cyclist,  and surfer and my connections to those respective communities to photograph events and make images and prints available for purchase.
http://www.facebook.com/DustinWhitsonPhotography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dustin Whitson Photography

Followers